Anyway, may our Monday's bring with them as little frustration as possible, enough chocolate to see us through, and plenty of coffee.
- Location on the Globe: :United States, New York, Buffalo
- Currently Feeling: : sick
- Tunes: :Netflix
- Sat, 12:54: RT @Alifaith55: SHOCKING DC police directly PEPPER SPRAY elderly lady, disabled man via @willdizard #J20 #j20resist #Inauguration #Womens…
- Sat, 23:16: RT @CapehartJ: Want to know how successful women's marches around US & world are? The Press Secretary just did a nonsensical presser to dis…
- Sat, 23:18: RT @L_K_Richards: Historical reminder: snowflakes beat the Nazis. https://t.co/xXisqKbKec
- Sat, 23:20: RT @neokefka_99: THE SECRET SERVICE IS COMING OUT AGAINST A WHITE HOUSE CLAIM! THE SECRET SERVICE! https://t.co/wNTKqa5sWJ
- Sat, 23:27: RT @RandyRenstrom: "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia." - Sean Spicer https://t.co/fx2Q52Fp6i
- Sat, 23:29: RT @rmayemsinger: It's OFFICIAL #WomensMarchOnWashington is biggest inaugural protest in HISTORY. Sorry Mr. Trump, THIS is what a populist…
- Sat, 23:33: RT @PokemonGO_AR: Esperamos mientras que Psyduck abra el Champagne para Festejar el Cumpleaños de @Totiaaaj ! 🎉🍾 https://t.co/abuDPjVvK5
- Sat, 23:34: RT @vicentes: Sean Spicer releases new photo showing true size of crowd for Trump's inauguration #spicerfacts https://t.co/s5wkeS78e9
- Sun, 10:20: I have contributed 19 days to humanitarian scientific research through @WCGrid. Join me! https://t.co/clpn9cW5Rh
- Thu, 19:52: Wrapping up my last freelance client tonight then it's just work/school/field; leaving more time for things like family/friends/gaming/zoo.
- Thu, 19:53: Hard to believe in a year and a half it'll just be work & free time...you know...until I do a doctorate 😜🤓
- Thu, 23:28: I'm wrapping up as much paperwork as I can do tonight and I'm feeling like: https://t.co/0xP1ZfhRHO
- Tue, 21:51: Weird to be back on twitter after such a long hiatus. Feels good to have my digital life back under control though.
- Tue, 21:53: Personal presence, professional presence & 3 projects I'm working on - the ones that hatched from the incubator - and no more #reducedstress
- Tue, 21:54: So what'd I miss? I mean besides you know *waves hand toward the USA* all this?
- Tue, 23:10: Looking forward to running 10+ events at @BishounenCon, March 3-5, 2016 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Warwick, RI! #GetYourBishounenOn
- Tue, 23:30: RT @majtague: Trump voters who were concerned about explaining gay marriage to their children realizing they have to explain #GoldenShowers…
- Tue, 23:32: RT @jk_rowling: When a pleasure becomes a duty. https://t.co/TZSpmbrtc2
- Tue, 23:32: RT @jk_rowling: Cough *youneedaHufflepuff* cough https://t.co/CZ3HZKdfUN
- Wed, 09:51: RT @Breznican: I feel like Obama and Biden are going to keep getting together every week to solve mysteries. https://t.co/fSQOW2p9KM
- Wed, 09:56: RT @frankpallotta: Me outside Jon Stewart's house right now. https://t.co/0t3RowArOt
So I awoke at 5:30am on November 9th to hear the news.
This past week in Interventions I, our professor, Denise talked about the importance of "then what" (i.e. you're not going to smoke...then what are you going to do instead?) when setting goals with clients.
I am not, I cannot just accept the results of the US election as if they don't impact me, my right to exist, my friends, my friends' right to exist, my family, my classmates, my colleagues, my neighbors, or my clients...so there are a lot of then whats, right now:
I'm going to redouble my efforts to expand Food Gnomes and continue to feed the hungry. I am also going to move forward with getting the Food Gnomes Potluck program to bring people together for meals and conversations off the ground. We need the mutual support and that's always better over broken bread.
I am going to continue to volunteer with the UBSSW at Friends of Night People because I foresee a much more difficult four years for them than for myself.
I am going to once again start teaching sex education, not just at conventions where we have flashy titles like Gay Sex: 101 but wherever possible and appropriate because knowledge is power and empowerment and wellness and safety...and because curriculum changes may be coming.
I will call all of my clients by next week and schedule some longer sessions with them, so they can process their fears about reduced Medicaid and other entitlement programs.
And, more importantly, I am going to go into my field placement each week bright eyed and bushy tailed and do everything I can do so that all of my students, of every background, know how much they matter, how much they are valued, how happy we are to have them there, and how much they have a right to be there.
Wishing everyone a good and sweet New Year 5777.
This pas year has been so wonderful, and also so incredibly hard. It has been filled with challenges I'd never thought I'd have to deal with, and successes I would have never dreamed possible. It has been filled with incredible highs, and equally incredible lows, bringing it to be one of the most cosmically balanced years yet. What has been clear from this past year, and something I am taking with me moving forward, is the need for both balance, but also the incredible role that my friends play in my life, and doing all I can to be more open to sharing and giving of myself and my time to them, as they have been to me.
May the Days of Awe that follow this evening bring with them an opportunity for all of us to take time to self-reflect, and to take an accounting of our souls, before we stand before the divine on the Day of Judgement.